Leather car seats are lavish, comfortable and classy. They give a very premium look to your car’s appearance. Simultaneously, they are very difficult to manage. You need to give them special care to maintain them through a regular cleaning process to remove their dirt and stains. The following are some steps which will help you to clean your leather seats without much hassle.
A variety of special leather cleaning products is available in the market to make your leather car seats spotless, but you can also use laundry detergents and household products. They serve as cheap alternatives to the expensive leather cleaning products.
For cleaning leather seats of your car, several effective products are available in the market. You can choose one that suits your leather type. Pure leather’s perfect texture and look come with a matte finish, unlike faux leather’s bright sheen. Follow the steps below to give your leather car seats a new fresh look:
- Vacuum:First of all, remove all types of dirt, and vacuum the car seats. Additionally, use upholstery attachment to avoid any damage.
- Apply the Product:Apply the specialist leather seat cleaner following the instructions written on the pack.
- Wipe:By using chamois leather, wipe down the seats, but be careful while using water because extra water will damage the leather of your seats, so use only according to need.
- Dry:Lastly, let it dry completely on its own before your next ride.
You can use the simple household product like vinegar for cleaning your leather car seats following these simple steps:
- Solution:First, make the cleaning solution in a spray bottle. Fill it with three-quarter vinegar & one-quarter warm water and mix.
- Spray:Spray the car seats from the distance of almost 20 cm
- Rub:Now using chamois leather, lightly rub the solution on the seats.
- Rinse:Lastly, clean the vinegar solution from the seat using water and after cleaning, leave the seat for drying.
Laundry detergent is quite helpful in cleaning car seats. Just follow these simple steps:
- Vacuum:First of all, vacuum the car seats properly and remove the dust.
- Solution:Now make the cleaning solution. Fill the spray bottle with warm water and then add a teaspoon full of laundry detergent.
- Spray:Spray the seats with the detergent solution and lightly rub it using chamois leather.
- Rinse:Rinse the seats with warm water and leave it for drying before hitting the road.
Leather car seats look great and give a luxurious look to your car. Though cleaning them is a bit of hassle, but it is always a better option than buying a new set of seats. Cleaning leather seats properly with the right products once in a month increases the lifespan of the car seats.